Marietta dentist Dr. Kirk Kimmerling is a members of the American Dental Association. According to the ADA, patients are entitled to certain rights when visiting a dental office.
The rights and responsibilities listed below do not establish legal entitlements or new standards of care, but are simply intended to guide you through the development of a successful and collaborative dentist-patient relationship.
- You have a right to choose your own dentist and schedule an appointment in a
- You have a right to know the education and training of your dentist and the dental care team.
- You have a right to arrange to see the dentist every time you receive dental
treatment, subject to any state law exceptions.
- You have a right to adequate time to ask questions and receive answers
regarding your dental condition and treatment plan for your care.
- You have the right to know what the dental team feels is the optimal treatment
plan as well as the right to ask for alternative treatment options.
- You have a right to an explanation of the purpose, probable (short and long
term) results, alternatives and risks involved before consenting to a proposed
- You have a right to be informed of continuing heath care needs.
- You have a right to know in advance the expected cost of treatment.
- You have a right to accept, defer or decline any part of your treatment
- You have a right to reasonable arrangements for dental care and emergency
- You have a right to receive considerate, respectful and confidential treatment
by your dentist and dental team.
- You have a right to expect the dental team members to use appropriate
infection and sterilization controls.
- You have a right to inquire about the availability of processes to mediate
disputes about your treatment.